Bosch Daredevil Spade Bits

I bought a set of Bosch Daredevil spade bits. Unlike the spade bits I've been using for many years, they have a threaded starter point in the middle instead of just a flat triangular piece.

I've tried using them a few times on 2X4's and other soft wood but the threaded center point goes into the wood faster than the spade bit edge can cut the hole and it binds up.

Does anyone know the trick to use these successfully?

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

What sort of drill motor are you using? The bits are designed to cut fast and you need enough power to bull it through.

Reply to
rbowman

Hi,

+1. My drill does not have problem. Never binds.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

*I have been using those bits for several years and never had a problem. I tend to pull my drill back a few times when drilling to clean out the hole as I go along. I usually use my Porter Cable battery powered pistol drill/hammer drill with these bits.

John Grabowski

John G

I use those bits with my 18v Dewalt cordless hammer drill and never have a problem. I do notice the threaded tip "pulling" the bit into the word but I don't have a problem controlling the plunge.

Reply to
Meanie