Ah a FIOS PHONE USER.
FIOS works fine till it breaks and the incompetence at Verizon is
unbelievable. just try calling tecch support:( endless menus designed
so you CANT talk to a human being:(
and once youi get anyone they will blame your inside wiring:(
Gee I've been wondering why my hand crank phone won't work!
Hooked up to the phone line and cranked for 20 minutes and nobody
answered, neighbour or operator!
Couldn't reach no one! Just what is the world coming to when a
perfectly good phone don't work?
Come to think of it though, haven't had a new phone book for years and
don't seem to be getting the $1.79 per month phone bill no more! I'll
walk down to the store one of these days and see if anybody there has
any information. Only person who ever called anyway was Uncle Jack
calling from Gloucester or Boston when he was onshore from working on
the fishing draggers.
And the time when Joe Vincent's barn burnt down and nearly killed his
horse 'Manny''. We all got phone calls to go down and help put out the
fire. And in three days we had him a new barn put up. Joe lost a load
of hay though, so Mike Barnes told him go cut his front meadow; so's
we all went up and helped with that ................... back in 92 if
I recall rightly? Phone was useful them times.
The two big old batteries the size of soup cans (S cells) inside the
wooden phone are still in good shape, last time they was changed was
back in 89 or 90, if I recall. They seem to last twenty years or more;
although my young scallywag stole them one time and we couldn't talk
on the phone for week. Said something about using them in a 'lantern'
or summat. Only thing I knew was lanterns use kerosene.
Must go feed the horse, trim the lamp and bring in a few chunks for
the wood stove tonight. The woman says there might be good comedy play
on the radio tonight; s'long as the battery is still good shape.
Forster who lives up the road has one of them new fangled wind
generators; 'cept it blew down couple of year ago and bent one of the
blades. So he hitched his radio up to his tractor battery with some
old telephone wires from the barn into the house, so he and his missus
could listen to the radio! But he must'a miscalculated, them wires
weren't thick enough or summat, and they burnt off and scorched the
seat of the tractor. Next winter he went hauling wood n'his pant froze
to the metal seat ................ !
Life is just getting too darn complicated these days. Cheers.
PS. Took down the old shed t'other day; got a quarter winter's stove
wood out of it. Saved most of the nails, though several pounds of em.
No need to waste.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.