Blowing Out The Phone Lines?

I'm at the library now, but mine's been shut down for seven days now. When do they start it up again?

Reply to
mm

Ah a FIOS PHONE USER.

FIOS works fine till it breaks and the incompetence at Verizon is unbelievable. just try calling tecch support:( endless menus designed so you CANT talk to a human being:(

and once youi get anyone they will blame your inside wiring:(

Reply to
hallerb

Gee I've been wondering why my hand crank phone won't work! Hooked up to the phone line and cranked for 20 minutes and nobody answered, neighbour or operator! Couldn't reach no one! Just what is the world coming to when a perfectly good phone don't work?

Come to think of it though, haven't had a new phone book for years and don't seem to be getting the $1.79 per month phone bill no more! I'll walk down to the store one of these days and see if anybody there has any information. Only person who ever called anyway was Uncle Jack calling from Gloucester or Boston when he was onshore from working on the fishing draggers.

And the time when Joe Vincent's barn burnt down and nearly killed his horse 'Manny''. We all got phone calls to go down and help put out the fire. And in three days we had him a new barn put up. Joe lost a load of hay though, so Mike Barnes told him go cut his front meadow; so's we all went up and helped with that ................... back in 92 if I recall rightly? Phone was useful them times.

The two big old batteries the size of soup cans (S cells) inside the wooden phone are still in good shape, last time they was changed was back in 89 or 90, if I recall. They seem to last twenty years or more; although my young scallywag stole them one time and we couldn't talk on the phone for week. Said something about using them in a 'lantern' or summat. Only thing I knew was lanterns use kerosene.

Must go feed the horse, trim the lamp and bring in a few chunks for the wood stove tonight. The woman says there might be good comedy play on the radio tonight; s'long as the battery is still good shape. Forster who lives up the road has one of them new fangled wind generators; 'cept it blew down couple of year ago and bent one of the blades. So he hitched his radio up to his tractor battery with some old telephone wires from the barn into the house, so he and his missus could listen to the radio! But he must'a miscalculated, them wires weren't thick enough or summat, and they burnt off and scorched the seat of the tractor. Next winter he went hauling wood n'his pant froze to the metal seat ................ !

Life is just getting too darn complicated these days. Cheers.

PS. Took down the old shed t'other day; got a quarter winter's stove wood out of it. Saved most of the nails, though several pounds of em. No need to waste.

Reply to
terry

How can they tell all the way from India?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's when neighboorhood kids have been writing on your phone with crayons.

Reply to
Harry L

Bowling alley.... do you have sixteen pound balls?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon