Blocked downpipe

Assuming what you're referring to is a downspout from a gutter - I took my blocked downspout off the house and ran a plumber's snake through it.

Reply to
Seth Goodman

Again, assuming downspouts from your gutters. Not my trick, nor have I tried it, but I saw this in a magazine. First, you may want an umbrella.

Use a leaf blower from the bottom, the leave go flying out the top. Saves the need for a ladder.

Reply to
No

Assuming your downpipes don't just run out on the ground, but into sewers by the wall.

You may have to have it snaked out.

Best solution though is to just run them out on the grass, away from the foundation, and then nothing gets plugged

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

A garden hose.

Reply to
Sherman

Position garden hose at top of downpipe. Squirt, full blast, down the pipe. Usually the hydrostatic pressure, or just the nozzle pressure, will dislodge the contents, depending on how long they have been blocked. If a hose won't do it, try an auger or snake, from the top.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

Does anyone have any suggestions on clearing blocked downpipes?

John Dwyer

Reply to
John Dwyer