Bigger electric power washers

Tricky part is getting a 220v extension cord.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

No trickier than buying the right receptacle and plug. The 5HP washer I have comes with a 35 foot cord so it is fairly portable anyway. I installed receptacles at both ends of the garage so I can use it in the driveway and back on the pool deck. That is pretty much the only place I use a pressure washer anyway.

Reply to
gfretwell

Wow. That's almost enough to reach outside.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

On Fri 25 Jul 2008 10:18:30p, AZ Nomad told us...

LOL! I guess, theoretically, one could make an extension cord almost any desired length. In a previous home we had a gas dryer, but the area was also supplied with 220 VAC for an electric dryer. I put together an extension cord of about 25 feet to reach a commercial flash freeing unit that sat on our enclosed utility porch. I would have had an additional outlet installed, but we only planned to stay there a couple of years. Worked fine for the duration. All you need is the appropriate plug, socket, and 8 guage wire in the high voltage cable. Most of the big box stores carry these parts. I used the twist lock connectors to prevent accidental disconnections.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Put 135 feet of hose on it and where in the yard won't it reach

Reply to
gfretwell