Bidet (is that the right word)?

True... You may not know where others' hands have been, but you know where you...

Reminds me of the old joke about the sailor and the Marine taking a whiz in the public restroom (okay, diehards, in the head). They finish up and the sailor goes to walk out without washing his hands and the Marine sez, "Hey, Swabby, in the Marines they teach us to wash our hands after we go to the bathroom!"

Without batting an eye or slowing in his exit the Swab's retort is, "...and in the Navy they teach us not to piss on our fingers!"

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 09:53:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote in

Seems to me we have it backwards. Men should wash their hands before going to P. I never put my Johnson anywhere dirty. My hands often are in dirty greasy places.

Reply to
CRNG

+1

But, notice how many strange looks you get when you come *into* a rest room and immediately go to wash your hands -- *then* do your business! Then, wash

*again*! All from folks who probably NEVER wash theirs! :>

When baking, it's a must (before and after). Having a flour-coated pecker feels (and *looks*) really "unnatural"! Likewise for butter or most other "ingredients"!

Reply to
Don Y

It doesn't take that much, and it's clean so only one wipe needed.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

A marine and a sailor are in a restroom taking leaks. The marine finshes and goes to wash his hands. The sailor finishes and heads for the door...

Marine: Hey, swabbie, didn't your mother teach you to wash your hands after urinating?

Sailor: No, she taught me not to piss on my hand.

Reply to
dadiOH

Are you sure about the butter?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Remind me, if I ever have the chance, to *not* butter my bread (or anything else!) if invited to dinner at YOUR house!

Reply to
Don Y

What kind of places are those, where volunteers or others get MRSA?

Reply to
micky

We processed medical and industrial "cast offs" (not really "waste" but, rather, things that *could* have continued value -- most often in another, "less fortunate" country!). One day, I helped another guy drag an 18" x 18" x 36" of (used) "suture scissors" into the building (forklift couldn't fit through the doorway).

Imagine looking into a box full of small, stainless steel scissors with their little "mouths" agape -- and wondering what sort of germs each may have individually been contaminated with?! No way in hell do you want to put your *hand* into said box!

Staph is all around us, all the time. All you need is exposure to a particularly nasty strain and a "skin scratch" for it to get a foothold. Gives one renewed respect for the days before antibiotics!

Reply to
Don Y

I wouldn't do it either, but don't they run these things through the sterilizers before they get rid of them.

Indeed. I don't ask for antibiotics when I have a cold, but I gather all those who do are creating antibiotic-resistant germs that may punish me as much as the people who encouraged their development.

Still, my mother was a bit shocked when I told her that I didn't cover public toilet seats with toilet paper before I sat on them. No diseases yet. I think a lot of women would burst rather than sit on a public toilet. I don't know how they travel.

Reply to
micky

So doesn't this endanger everyone in a moderately busy bathroom, not just the ones that use the hot air. Surely if they're floating around they're still floating 10, 20 minutes later, An hour? Two?

Reply to
micky

You know nothing of how (or why) they have come to you. If someone hands you a handgun, do you assume the safety is ON and it is UNLOADED? :>

All you know for sure is they are sharp and probably will have no problem cutting your skin. They are "uncovered" and may have been "stored" like this for months or years (while exposed to ).

Why is someone "discarding" these items if they could just as easily sterilize/autoclave them and reuse them?

The same is true of vaccinations. There is a minimum coverage factor that protects the *population* (prevents an "outbreak" from getting established). Yet, folks seem to think it should be their "choice".

Reply to
Don Y

Precisely my attitude re the subject.

But, I wonder how many men are slightly embarrassed not to wash their hands when there are others standing there, so they do so?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

How many do so cuz it's illegal not to!?

nb

Reply to
notbob

I guess it depends largely on your upbringing. Were you taught to wash hands before eating? Say "please" and "thank you"? Not eat stuff off the ground (or out of a trash can)? etc.

Do you think that, having left the facility without washing, your hands will MAGICALLY end up cleaner as you stroll around the store/establishment?

Reply to
Don Y

I think that pertains to staff (at food prep places, etc.).

Though, having said that, a particularly off-color joke managed to surface in my mind -- after a decade or more in hiding! :-/

Reply to
Don Y

Uncle Poop Meister posted for all of us...

Maybe a wire wheel?

Reply to
Tekkie®

snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com posted for all of us...

I didn't read all replies so far but there are two separate issues.

Do you use the correct TP for septic systems? Charmin and and the other ones will clog like you describe. Look for ones that say safe for septic systems on the wrapper and are NOT colored. The wrong TP also does not break down as easily and will build up in the tank. If it is lodging in the piping then it not properly sloped or there is some kind of obstruction. Also don't flush improper objects: tampons, wipes... If you really want to be clean buy the cheap wipies for peri care and throw them in the plastic bag the store gives you and dispose. Do not flush wipies that say they are flushable. They are for travel only where they are probably connected to a municipal sewer system. Even they have problems with this type.

How often do you get it pumped?

Bidet: Do you want a wet butt under your undies?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Don Y posted for all of us...

This is especially important after eating crabs or dealing with peppers!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Wouldn't that literally fling dingle berries all over?

Sort of like a dingle berry Gatling gun?

Reply to
Red Hymen