Beware of FreedomPop

Even though I ended my trouble-fraught relationship with FreedomPop 3 years ago, 4 days ago they billed me $3.99 for something, via Paypal

I wrote them the same day and haven't heard a peep back.

Oh, yeah, they billed me twice within 5 seconds, almost $8 total. They can't even do their improper billing correctly.

Oh, yeah 2, their webpage has no way of contacting them, except maybe if you log in, but I have no login and if I were to use one, they'd claim we still had a relationship.

Wikip says "FreedomPop was sold in June of 2019." and about co-founder, it says "On September 22, 2020, Stokols became Chief Executive of Boost Mobile"

Reply to
micky

Am 12.05.21 um 14:09 schrieb micky:

And you can't even setup your Pay Pal account correctly and stop FreedomPop from charging.

And to state this fact publicly makes things even worse. You will never get your money back with this attitude. Sorry.

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

You're such a sourpuss, Jeorg. I've known that for a long time but iirc I haven't said anything.

And how would *you* do that, that enabled them to charge when you were using their service or buying their product but prevented them afterwards? How do *you* do that with any place you ever use paypal?

You're not sorry. You enjoy being a sourpuss. And of course I'll get my money back.

But I only sent the second email today. I'll wait until tomorrow to do more.

Reply to
micky

Am 13.05.21 um 06:47 schrieb micky:

I just checked with my account: "Manage your automatic payments" in the section settings. From Active to Cancel. Cancel the contract and then stop automatic payments by FreedomPop in your PayPal-Account. End of story.

The very hard way ...

Your choice.

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

IDK what happened with FP, but I agree with you. I'd like to know how you set anything up at PayPal so that some vendor where you used PP once, can't submit another charge again. Or same thing with any CC or debit card. If you used it there or had it on file with the vendor, I've never seen a way you could go to your account and "set it up" so they can't put another charge through. You can probably do that via customer service, but people don't do that proactively because what just happened to you is rare.

I'm sure PP and/or FP will rectify this.

Reply to
trader_4