Best Gun Brand

I am looking into buying a new caulking gun because mine is wearing out. What brand of caulking gun is the best?

Reply to
homeowner

Greetings,

I don't know if this one is "the best" but it is pretty good.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Don't know about brands but the one I have has the cutter built into the handle to cut off the end and a poker under the barrel to punch the foil to start your work. Those are the features I would look for. You get what you pay for!!!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Why is this tool even made?

I can imagine if you have carpal tunnel or very bad arthritis it could e useful, but seriously???!!

My caulking gun was $12 and I have had it for like 9 years. $325 for a CAULKING GUN??!!!

Not that it won't work for some people, but to mee that's somewhat rediculious. Must be a market though, or else that would not sell them. Perhaps if you caulk all day, this owuld be the tool for you.

Chris

Reply to
SilverUnicorn

Smith and Wesson.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I never use a caulking gun. I just take a tube of caulk, cut off the tip and squeeze it in my fist until all the caulk comes out. It's good hand exercise. The only problem I have is that it takes hours to spread the caulk after I get it out of the tube. It's hard to get it into the cracks around the windows with a butter knife and the pile starts to dry before I use it all.

Reply to
wreetard

Factory usage and folks that do things like replace auto windshileds for a living. In cold weather it is a huge help also. I don;t use one often enough or under severe situations enough to warrent one, but If I did, I'd own one. The right tools can make a lot of money for a guy who knows what he's doing. If it doesn't save time, or eliminate fatigue, it would be useless to most anyway. There *is* a good reason for them though.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®