Best glue for......

....inside a dishwasher. I want to glue a rubber seal on to a steel surface. I guess I need a glue that will stick to metal and rubber, and will also be able to handle very hot temperature and moisture. Is there such a glue?...thanx in advance

Reply to
bob

Art Todesco

buy from appliance parts store they should know

Reply to
hallerb

Available at auto supply stores.

RLM

A site I've had bookmarked for years:

will tell you what will create the strongest bond.

Reply to
Squirrel

Reply to
lwasserm

Squirrel spake thus:

Sorry to knock it, but I've always found that site to be woefully deficient. For instance, for this question they say to use "Household Goop" or 3M 80. Those wouldn't have been my first choices. It's kind of a "man from Mars" site where someone who has absolutely no clue what glue to use could get a clue.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I'd bet 3M super weatherstrip adhesive would fill the bill.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

THAT's the stuff!

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Common rubber cement isn't very toxic after it dries, and appliance parts supplies sell a high-temperature type for gluing felt seals to the drums of clothes dryers. But if you can't get any or don't feel like paying more than $3-4, try a product like this from an auto parts store:

It's disk brake anti-squeak compound but is actually high-temperature rubber cement and, back when it was sold under the Bendix brand, was labelled nonflammable and nontoxic (was there ever a problem with people licking their brakes?). It's been sold in several colors and under many brand names, always in the same type of plastic squeeze bottle. I can attest to its high temperature durability since I had some holding an air filter gasket located directly above the engine for

10 years.. Don't substitute any spray-on brake anti-squeak, which is probably a completely different product.
Reply to
do_not_spam_me

Fair enough. You're allowed to knock it, but only if you give us your wise opinion on which glue *you* recommend (you say you have some "first choices" above - do tell). Otherwise, you have contributed nothing to this discussion.

Reply to
Squirrel