Best flying wasp insecticide

Well, the propellant, anyway, I don't know about the active ingredients themselves...

--

Reply to
dpb

Virtually all commercial wasp sprays are flammable.

Reply to
HeyBub

The "active ingredients" are, what, three percent? In fact, I'll bet it's the petroleum carrier that does most of the damage.

Reply to
HeyBub

Danged if it didn't smell a bit like kerosene.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Well, personally, i don't light it. I just spray them.

Reply to
Steve Barker

imagine that! kinda like wd40, since that's what it basically is. probably work as wasp spray if you could get it to jet stream.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Sevin is good, may take a day to do the job though.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

The sevin I've seen, has been powder. How does a person get the powder into the nest?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

-----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

Maybe if I use the tube. Probably work as well as the crap I bought.

nb

Reply to
notbob

There are various kinds of "dusters" for that purpose. Some have a pump, I believe, similar to garden sprayers. Some are small rubber bulbs, like an ear syringe. The goal is to cause the insect to contact the dust, so a small amount at the entry probably does the trick.

Reply to
norminn

That really burns me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Now that you mention it....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Neat idea. I didn't know such devices were made. How are they used?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks, good idea. I'll have to ask at the farm and garden store.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Forget easily? You asked about this a long ways back, about your church. Sevin Dust was suggested and others gave a method of application. It was a duster.

IIRC, I mentioned that I bought a 1950's era pump duster I purchased from a Flea Market -- after looking for many years in the "old stuff" piles.

The old ones were for liquid or powder - both were different styles. Some were made by, or at least had "Black Flag" brand paint markings.

Reply to
Oren

Yes, I do forget easily. I sometimes lose my place while I'm, oh, look, a squirrel outside the window. Wish they would stay out of the bird feeder. Have we had breakfast, yet, honey? And where did I put that wide mouth jar of slippers I left in the shed with the Multimaster tool.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon