Battery Warranties

But I gotta pitchfork and the girls are hotter. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Good; truly! And, Linux chicks aren't bad either ...

H.I.T.man

Bob_Villa

My son prefers freeBSD, but he says that PCBSD is more user friendly.

Reply to
misanthrope

Would be nice. I can't get SP3, which is needed for some programs. I've gone up one side and down the other, and have not found a way to make it work.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you turn on Automatic Updates, windows will search for updates and install them including SP3.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers' experience with the operating system. If you're updating just one computer, please visit Windows Update at

Note: Customers running Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) are advised to install a hotfix for a Microsoft Dynamics RMS issue prior to installing Windows XP SP3.

DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download is now available on Windows Update. The best way to ensure you get Windows XP Service Pack 3 is by turning on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP. You can use our step-by-step instructions or, if you prefer, let us do it for you.

The Microsoft Download Center site is your only authorized web source for downloading a licensed copy of Windows XP Service Pack 3. To report a website offering unlicensed copies of Windows XP SP3 for download, please send e-mail to: snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com or visit

Ralph Mowery

Try this. Ignore the bit about it being for IT Professionals, it's the same Service Package, with a more capabilities you'll probably never need. Just go to the the Install Instructions. Note: This is for the 32 bit Service pack.

David J. Hughes

No fair, they don't look like penguins, they're cuter. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Perhaps it's the old geek in me since I once had to program equipment in binary or BCD. Oh yea, a lot of switch flipping to input anything. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That beats the sick lizard SuSE uses.

Reply to
rbowman

You haven't seen the offerings in the local Linux users group...

Reply to
rbowman

Luckily I've never done financial or corporate IT stuff so I've only met BCD in passing.

Reply to
rbowman

I did a lot of it as a bench tech in a repair depot on early digitally controlled electronic equipment, USB was science fiction. I'm actually starting to see mini USB ports on the latest Cisco routers and managed switches right next to the RS232 console port. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

No LUGs in my part of the Cowboy state.

Reply to
H.I.T.man

Well, first you have to have computers...

Reply to
rbowman

RS who? If I never solder up another DB-25 I won't miss it. Ditto Centronics connectors. Ribbon cable and IDC's were a step forward for mankind.

Reply to
rbowman

Well then...quit your bitchin' until you know otherwise...

Reply to
Bob_Villa

You don't "make it work", you just download and install it.

Reply to
dadiOH

We have two-story outhouses ...

Reply to
H.I.T.man

Hmm, that could work. As of today (July 29, 2013) i've made such a mess out of this PC, I'm scared to even do anything.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon