How bad does customer service get?

At the weekend I popped into the local Homebase and picked up a simple Vitrex respirator - cost 15 quid. They didn't have any spare filters on sale but I thought what the heck, I'll get some from Screwfix or another online source.

Ha-ha.

None to be found online anywhere. So I wrote a polite email to Homebase central advising of the problem and asking what they could do to help. Herewith their reply:

....BEGIN REPLY.... Dear DIYer, Thank you for your email.

I can appreciate your frustration and I would recommend that you contact the supplier.

Vitrex Limited : 01253 789180.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards, John Customer Service Team ....END REPLY....

Thank you Homebase, you are a pile of pooh.

PoS

Reply to
Tripe Master

Try taking something electrical back then you'll see their customer service really in action.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've found HomeBase to be second to none when it comes to poor customer service. They even surpass the GUS group.

Reply to
Grunff

[etc.]

My mother recently bought a table lamp from Safeway. No bulb fitted, but this wouldn't be a problem, would it? Like heck. Can anyone point me in the direction of a SMALL bayonet cap (SBC) reflector bulb? None in Safeway, Focus, B&Q depot, Woolies, Curry's or little-shop-that-can-get-almost-anything. This latter even spent the afternoon telephoning his suppliers and rang back the following morning with no success. I checked Screwfix/TLC/CPC/Maplin etc. with no luck.

She had lost the receipt (subsequently found) and in the meantime the lamp had been reduced in price - so when she took it back to the shop, they would only refund her the current price, not the one she payed.

Grrr...

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

Well what do you expect buying electrical goods from a food shop? B-)

None in

When ever I have taken things back to Safeway a record has been taken of my name, item, amount, the CS reps signature and mine. Return to the shop armed with the recipt and get them to look up that entry and refund the difference.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice