Bathtub Caulk

We replaced the surround for our bathtub. The installation guy naturally caulked the seams. Within a few months, the caulk started working loose. He cleaned it thoroughly and did it again. The caulk is now mildewing and cannot be cleaned.

Is there such a thing as a premium caulk? We never had this problem before.

Reply to
mcp6453

Just a thought, stab in the dark really, but it's possible he/she/it used the wrong type of caulking.

Reply to
Eigenvector

He's not getting it prepped well enough. Also use mildew and mold resistant caulk. Acrylic latex is fine.

Reply to
Meat Plow

You go to Lowes, or HD, you have a wide selection of caulk. I'm guessing you got what ever was on the truck. Check the selection out.

tom @

Just Joshin