bathroom remodel questions to ask please

We are having 2 local remodelers come to quote on a remodel for our bath. Can you please advise what questions to ask them? We are remodeling the whole thing, oh, should we have the floor done first by a flooring person? it will be linoleum.

bathtub/shower 1 unit would like 2 sink vanity - but 1 now toilet

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Reply to
nh consumer

floor goes last.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Yes, the floor gets done first. After the entire room gets gutted. Or, maybe after the tub/shower goes in. Is there room to maneuver a 1-pc tub/shower in?

Important step: Figure out how you will get along without that bathroom for 2/3 months. Can't stand to do that? Then write penalty clauses into the contract.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Ummmmmmmmm. Much better to have toilet and vanity set *on top* of the flooring mtl, rather than cut around them. IMHO

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

No, toilet goes after floor.

Reply to
J Kelly

thanks! appreciate it!

Reply to
nh consumer

it is always best to have the floor done first..too many people try to do the floor last either to "save money" by not tiling/etc under vanities or to help prevent damage to new floor...this is all fine and dandy for short term, but in the future any change in configuration will *require* the floor be replaced also...if a floor goes down "last" and you develop a toilet leak you usually do not know it untill the toilet is about to fall through the floor....

Reply to
Chris Perdue