Bathroom Fixtures

I have a 30+ year old house. The bathroom fixtures in the shower are very old. It is an all tile wall, can I replace the fixtures without breaking into the walls? I could never match the light green tiles.

Reply to
HomeBrewer

It *might* be possible if you have access from the other side. But it would still be a *huge* job and could easily result in tile damage anyway.

30 yr old fixtures, you may be able to find replacement hardware. If not OEM then some generic parts (handles, escutcheons).

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Hi, Remove existing fixture and look. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

HomeBrewer,

Do you have access to the back of the shower wall? How do you plan to cut the old fixture out? They sell some neat access panels that can be put in place after the work is complete.Both of my shower fixtures have closets behind. If and when I replace fixtures it's access panel time.

-- Best Regards, Dennis J Sunday Home Inspection Systems

Dennis J Sunday