Bath tub stopper?

I have one of those metal bath tub stoppers. It wont drain so I need to pull it out and clean the drain. I thought for sure that those type of stoppers screw in, but after attempting to unscrew it for about 10 minutes, I figure there must be another way that it comes out?? Thanks.

Joe

Reply to
Joe B.

Just guessing at the drain you describe, but on one type you slowly spin the stopper around while lifting at the same time. At one point you will feel it engage a stop. Then you can unscrew the cap (CCW).

You can also find a wealth of info via GOOGLE: Do a search for bathtub + stopper

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

While it's open, it probably spins freely. I found mine to come out by turning it until it "fell" into the closed position. Then you can unscrew it from there, might take a pr of pliers though.

Reply to
K. Johnson