Basement Sink with SaniShower pump.

I'm planning to put in a wash sink in my below ground basement (it will empty into a drywell, so unfortunately, no toilet). I'm looking at the SaniShower pump to pump the waste up to the 4" waste and vent stack for the kitchen sink above.

cleanout for the waste water pipe is about 4.5' from the basement floor and that is where the vent ends and the waste pipe goes to the drywell, so the waste from the sink has to be above the cleanout. There already is is a 2" tap into that 4" waste pipe for the water softener flush water. Has anyone used this pump, or something similar, and if so, how well does it work?

Reply to
willshak

Don't you still need provisions to install a vent for the pump system just like a sewage pump requires.

or:
The cleanout for the waste water pipe is about 4.5' from the basement

Reply to
EXT

re: wash sink...into a drywell

Is that OK where you live? I'm thinking about rinsing paint brushes or using mineral spirits or bleach from the washer and other things like that.

Is it OK to add that to the groundwater near your house or won't the sink ever be used for those purposes?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

on 3/27/2008 10:39 AM EXT said the following:

Where the pump will tap into the 4" pipe, the vent out the roof will be above the tap and the waste into the drywell below, both are in the same

4" pipe.

above.http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/Saniflo-Saniflo-Macerating-Toilet...>> or:

> The cleanout for the waste water pipe is about 4.5' from the basement

No harsh chemicals. It's only for washing hands, washing artist brushes, draining the dehumidifier in the summer, and as a fresh water supply, just so I don't have to drag water up and down the stairs. I use biodegradable turpentine and brush cleaner for the paint brushes. My drywell is not for gutter draining, it is a 'greywater' septic system for the sinks, dishwater, washing machine, bath and showers. Everything but toilets, which have a separate 'blackwater' septic tank and field system.

Reply to
willshak