bad compressor in Bryant outside unit (long)

Hi, Just over a week ago I posted regarding our new central air conditioning. A week after it was installed, it wasn't throwing cold air. As suggested on this group I waited for the installer to check the unit before I did anything. Well a week ago Sunday, July 6, the installer came over, turned the system on, and said the compressor was not running. He checked the capacitor and the compressor and everything was getting power. The next day he changed the capacitor and still no luck. So he went to his supplier, a local wholesale plumbing and heating store, and they said that probably the compressor was bad. They said they would order a new one and it would be in on Wednesday. I asked for a completely new outdoor unit and they said it wasn't upto them, they don't warranty the items, the factory does. They checked with Bryant and Bryant agreed, they would not replace the whole thing but would send the compressor and pay the tech to replace it. I wasn't happy but having it fixed in two days would be fine. Unfortunately the installer had to go out of town and didn't come home until today. He went to pick up the compressor and it never arrived! They were suppose to call him if it came in today and it didn't. Finally my question, is it unreasonable to request a completely new unit? I understand that it ran for about a week so it wasn't initially bad, at least I can't prove it. The installer is a small one man operation who gave me a good price and has been helpful. He's trying but his hands are tied, any suggestions? Thanks for your time, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Guay

That close to startup date, you need to .

Means nothing..

NEXT DAY?????????

WOAH....stop...THEY SAID??? No....thats not how it works..

The TECH better damn sure know how to test a compressor, or get a new tech NOW. I can tell you in a matter of seconds if the compressors shot, and on a unit that new, unless the supplier is just OUT of compressors, you can have a new one in that afternoon....

Thats the way warranty is.. Unless you can get the factory to declare it a lemon...and thats rare...REAL rare..

This time of year, you can expect delays...it happens...this time, it happen ed to you.

Actually..yes. Unless, of course, you ask for a new installer to go with it, since what you are describing sounds like hackers hell....

Yup..

A fully licenced, legal, competent tech..sounds like you found more than a bad compressor....sounds like you got a bad install too.. really..

Reply to
CBHvac