Autoflo Steam Humidifier - is this a good brand?

I am stuck with a model ESU-20 Autoflo brand (residential) steam type humidifer, with a burned out heater. Called the number listed in the manual, and they told that my unit is obsolete and no parts are available. The thing is barely 5 years old! The reason that the heater burned in my unit is that a very cheap relay failed, keeping the heater on all the time, and obviously, the overtemperature protection did not work. This on a unit that's being sold for abour $700.

It seems that the Autoflo brand name is being sold from company to company. Mine says "American Metal Products". I now see those manufactured by "EWC Controls". They have a couple newer models on the market and are claiming the latest and greatest wonders, but now I am very skeptic.

Has anybody used this brand? Any source for spare parts other than the factory? That heater is probably used for other appliances. It's a 240V,

8.3Amp unit, with a separate screw-type mounting at each end.

Honeywell has a similar steam humidifier unit, selling for about the same price. Any experience with those?

Thanks,

IK

Reply to
IK

$700? You got robbed.

Not to mention, if you have metal ductwork, whats happening to it....

Replaced alot of them...with Skuttle for those that demand a steam type unit.

Yup..Skuttle still cheaper, still better, and while I like Honeywell, they are not the end of all units...by a long shot.

Reply to
CBHvac