Attempting to attach Hanging Tool Rack

I recently purchased a Hanging Tool Rack from Crown Solutions in Australia and I am attempting to work out what the best method of affixing it to the wall is considering it is most likely going to have

20 different garden tools. To see the product I am talking about go to

Any help would be much appreciated

Reply to
intohouse

Is the wall bare studs, plaster, wallboard, or what? I'd screw a wide plank to the wall, being careful to hit as many studs as possible, even if the plank has to be longer than the plastic rack, and screw the rack off to that. Plank will help on any wall, but especially on bare studs, since it will keep the plastic from rotating into the stud space if you hang a heavy tool in the middle. If it is a plaster or wallboard finished wall, don't forget to put something on the wall below it to protect against dings and splashes from wet tools. (You do hose your metal tools off versus putting them away muddy, right?)

I'm planning on doing a similar rack in my garage, once I get around to taping/mudding/painting the half-ass wallboard job the previous owner did. A long 2"x8" plank lagged off to several studs, and farmer-style galvanized steel implement hooks screwed off to those. Another plank, high up on another wall, with bike hooks, since the ceiling is too damn high to reach for that, like I had done in previous houses.

aem sends....

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers