Attaching a wood strip to terrazo

I am attempting to install a mirrored sliding glass door in a bedroom and the installation instructions call for nailing a wood strip about

3/4" of an inch wide onto the floor (a metal track then fits over this strip). The kit included concrete nails. I tried them on my terrazzo floor and all I have done was to shatter the terrazzo.

What do I use to attach this strip to a terrazzo floor?

Thanks

Reply to
johnpower

I would have used high grade silicone adhesive such as Dow Corning 795, probably with no fasteners.

If you want to fasten it with screws or nails, you will need to predrill the terrazzo just like you would in concrete. With a masonry bit, drill a lead hole, then drive the nail. Another related method would be to drill and install plastic anchors or drill slightly oversize and insert solder or copper wire in the hole, then use nail or screw. You will know when you have a good fastener.

Reply to
Dan G