Aquabot Turbo eats it own cord

I just bought an Aquabot Turbo automatic pool cleaner. It works

> great, except it seems to get tangled in it's own cord sometimes. > Anyone else have this problems?

I've had my Aquabot Turbo for less than 2 years, and this has happened about 10 times so far. The last time it caused the treads to stop moving, but the motor kept going and the damn thing ground all the teeth off the drive belt.

Does anyone have any hints on how to > prevent it from tangling on it's own cord?

When my replacement parts arrived, I ran the cord down inside an old 16" pool hose that's too wide for the Aquabot to grab onto. It's been 3 days so far.

I have done more repairs on my Aquabot in less than 2 years than I did on my old Kreepy Krawly vac in 10 years. During those 10 years I was always able to make any Kreepy repairs by improvising with materials I already had (bolts, nuts, rubber gasket material). I've already spent about $100 on parts for the Aquabot.

Reply to
dave lane

Look into the floaty things that they use for some of the other cleaners. It will keep the cord off the pool's surface. Just a thought

Reply to
SQLit

Thanks. I was thinking about using sections of one of those foam "noodle" float things if my filter hose idea doesn't work out, but so far so good.

Reply to
chickyraptor

I'm having similar problem with my Aquabot. The aquabot seems to float around the pool when it tries to clean the walls. I make sure that all of the air has been purged out of the system beforehand, but it still floats up the walls half way. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

J. Haslup

Reply to
J. Haslup

I'm having similar problem with my Aquabot. The aquabot seems to float around the pool when it tries to clean the walls. I make sure that all of the air has been purged out of the system beforehand, but it still floats up the walls half way. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

J. Haslup

Reply to
J. Haslup

If your aquabot is floating instead of sticking to the walls you can try removing some of the floats from the base of the unit. Simply remove the bottom plate that the bag slips over and there should be an H shaped float and 2 rectangle floats. Try removing either the rectangles or the H float. Also, when you place your bot in the pool be sure to tilt it back and forth a few times to get all the air out of it. The bot should sink to the bottom when you first put it in the pool.

As for the people having problems with their bot cords. If your cord itself keeps coiling up and tangling when you put it in the water, try leaving the whole cord stretched out straight along side your pool in the sun for a day or so. The heat will soften up the cord and 'reset' its memory, so it wont try to coil all the time.

Also, the cord might be way too long for your size pool. You should leave the power cord stretched along side your pool and let the aquabot only pull in what it needs.

Lastly, be sure to reverse the top handle every time (or every other time) you run the aquabot, this keeps the cord from wanting to coil.

Reply to
Chris

But when it pulls in enough to reach the farthest sections of the pool, it sometimes pulls in the cord when it comes back.

A couple of weeks ago I put an old vacuum hose over the cord and it seems to be preventing the problem so far.

Reply to
chickyraptor

What I do is have my power supply at one end of the pool by the steps in the shallow end, run the cord along the side of pool, and start the bot in the deep end. That way when it starts pulling the cord in, it only about 1/2 of it in, since the distance from the center of the pool to each end is about the same. If you start the bot in the shallow end and it has to walk all the way to the deep end, it will pull the whole cord in.

Seems to work pretty good for me.

Reply to
Chris