Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see link to photo)

Anyone know where I can get this flexible pump discharge hose (see link to photo)

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

You might find something that would work at a farm supply store. Rural King is one. Ag sprayers use a lot of flexible hose. They do have a website.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

By golly that might. Pretty much the right length too. Thanks.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Ashton,

Grainger sells that as ducting hose. It comes in 25' rolls.

Dave M.

Reply to
Dave M.

I've seen that kind of thing in Home Depot, I think. HD has some sizes of flexible blue discharge hose. Since it's pressure, it doesn't really need to be rigid line, I'd guess.

Might be also in a vacuum cleaner supply, or a swimming pool supply.

.

I thought it was a version of vacuum hose for a pool but my pool shop only carry's a 2" version and says they have never heard of a 1.25" ID size. It's for a recirculating pump in a water cooled AC unit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I just ordered it and double checked the size. Thanks

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Ashton:

The hose in your picture is a standard suction hose. There are steel wires encased in the light blue plastic that prevents the hose from collapsing when liquid is being sucked through it by a pump.

And, you can get a hose like that from any place listed under "Spraying Equipment & Supplies" in your yellow pages phone directory.

Similarly, since 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch ID are the two standard sizes for vaccuum hoses on commercial cleaning equipment in North America, you should also be able to buy hose like that by the foot or meter at any of the places listed under "Janitorial Equipment & Supplies" in your yellow pages phone directory. Phone before you drive down to those places because some of those places will only sell cleaning supplies and equipment, and some will do that but ALSO repair commercial cleaning equipment. The places that repair commercial cleaning equipment will normally have both 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch ID suction hose in stock.

Note that the spiral wall of the hose is a left hand thread. The BEST way to connect these hoses is NOT to slip them over a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch OD pipe and secure with a clamp. The better way would be to buy two 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch hose "cuffs", screw the hose cuffs onto the hose ends by turning them counter clock wise, and then pushing the hose cuff onto the 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch OD pipes. Any and every janitorial supply store will carry hose cuffs in both 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 inch, especially those places that repair commercial cleaning equipment.

Reply to
nestork