Anyone know where

Your depth of knowledge and wisdom on the subject continue to impress us..... Care to define "assault weapon" for us?

Reply to
trader4

You have a request still waiting for an answer. You are anti "assault weapon" so you must have the answer:

Define "assault weapon".

Harry K

Come on, didn't you know, it's a weapon that assaults. After all, it is the weapon, not the person that kills. Now, if we can only control the minds of those weapons, we could reduce crime.

Reply to
Meanie

If by "modified" you mean made stricter, *absolutely* I disagree. If you mean that guns should be *easier* to carry, then we can talk. The question is whether you want to fix the problem or play politics with children's corpses.

Reply to
krw

From you, absolutely. You continue to refuse to answer the questions. You have the same "answer", no matter what the question.

Reply to
krw

Why don't you just go back and answer honestly all the questions that were asked you instead of constantly trying to weasel away from them You'd end up being more credible and have a better chance of being taken seriously That is IF you actually want to be taken seriously.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

What you really means is that a) you didn't understand the answer b) It was not the answer you wanted

No one here thinks YOU need anything In particular "assault weapons( whatever you mean by that) and ammo You don't appear mature enough to qualify But JUST BECAUSE YOU do NOT qualify, is not a reason to declare that others either don't need such (undefined assault weapons) or can't have them even if they don't "need" them as per YOUR definition of "need".

Reply to
Attila Iskander

But I haven't yet put on my boots yet.. I'm still wearing my fluffy-bunny slippers

Reply to
Attila Iskander

AHA !

Finally a CLEAR definition of "assault weapon"

OOOO boy... That means that I actually have my grandmother's 16" assault deep cast iron frying pan..

I remember when she used it to whack some slightly inebriated dude at a church dinner, who put his hand on her in an inappropriate fashion. She actually slammed it backhanded, bottom-first into his chest. The guy went down hard. As he sat there, she then turned to my grandfather and said with her sweetest voice: "Oh sorry dear, I didn't leave you any.." He looked down at the guy, still huffing for breath on the ground and said: "That's OK dear. There wasn't that much anyway..." A couple of other members showed up by then and literally grabbed the guy under the arms and dragged him, with his heels dragging to the entrance and dumped him on the sidewalk

I think I was about 9 at the time. I never gave her any trouble that I can think of after that incident.

Isn't it funny how memories are triggered by the strangest cues ?

Reply to
Attila Iskander

People get to know each other in these forums, and so friendships develop.

It's normal to discuss things like that Newtown massacre with your friends.

I would be surprised if news like that happened without anyone saying anything about it in here.

Reply to
nestork

Walmart is running out of guns.

Dean Hoffman

That helps explain the static electricity sparks between his cavities.

There was a big man opposed to quippers The trolls his mouth said to zipper The troll kept writing "fark, farking" His fillings, they kept lightning sparking Atilla, keeps using his fuzzy bunny slippers

P.S. And lightning shot out of his.....

.

But I haven't yet put on my boots yet.. I'm still wearing my fluffy-bunny slippers

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There once was a granny with frypan Who met a man who was gropin She went and backhand With heavy blackpan And now, he is definitely broken

.

[...]

Man, their best salesman sure has been doing good. Obama good for gun sales.

.

Walmart is running out of guns.

Stormin Mormon

It looks like my neighbors and I have some DIY ahead. We're getting a healthy dose of snow and wind in south central Nebraska. The tool of choice for me is a hand operated scoop shovel.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

On 12-19-2012 20:15, Stormin Mormon wrote: [snip]

I hope your day job doesn't require a sense of meter.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

There was a young man named Stormin Whose job was shrinking and borin With total lack of rhythm Ignoring the posting format system He continued to demonstrate a complete lack of ability to write limericks in any conventional forum.

The only meter I need to use is a volt ohm miliammeter. Fortunately!

.

I hope your day job doesn't require a sense of meter.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Absolutely NOT. There are many gun laws that should be changed and new ones implemented.

  • Laws prohibiting guns in school should be scrapped. In fact, most laws probhibiting guns by location (churches, places where alcohol is served, sporting events, etc.) should be eliminated.
  • Laws requiring registration of guns or their owners should be done away with.
  • Various state laws that permit discretionary issuance of a concealed hand gun permit should be repealed. The state legislature should establish criteria for such permits and, if an individual meets the requirement, the agency or person granting the license SHALL ISSUE the license. Already 40 states have this in place.
  • All laws against "open carry" (firearm visible) should be repealed.
  • Laws mandating a waiting period to complete a purchase should be scrapped.

I could go on and on but you can probably figure out my rationale.

Reply to
HeyBub