Anybody familiar with Porter-Cable framing nailers?

Mine went kaput yesterday. It seems the air just passes right on through instead of allowing the trigger to operate. I'm wondering if this is a consumer fix or something requiring a service center trip. The nearest service center from me is 80 miles.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- To be independent is often cussed by the minions of central planners.

An independent old cuss

Reply to
An independent old cuss

Model? Photo?

I have an Hitachi NR83A.... a venerable old workhorse & I think the PC350 is nearly identical.

I've the thing for YEARS and had it overhauled at the Senco distributor (3 miles from my house) about 15 years ago. Cheap & easy but in your case... 80 miles is a trek and shipping is a PITA. :(

I suggest DIY fix but the overhaul kits aren't cheap. The least expensive way to fix the unit is to disassemble and look for broken parts. Then order just the parts you need...otherwise you'll be paying for a complete kit ($$) when you don't need all those parts. But unless you want to re-assemble, the gun will be apart while you wait for the parts to come.

OTOH... this guns don't need rebuild very often. So it you don't mind the price of the rebuild kit, you could be done in on shot.

check this out...

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

You can buy trigger cartridge and main o-ring repair kits online for almost all models for from $10-12 to roughly $50 depending on the make/model and which specific kit you need.

Don't have PC; did the Bostitch trigger a few months ago--all it takes on it is a punch to remove a couple roll pins...the big kit for the

88NRH arrived last week--it is a little more involved but nothing really exotic. If one is moderately mechanically adept it shouldn't be any real problem.
Reply to
dpb