Any idea of cost to run water line to my fridge?

In my kitchen using either line would result in cold water. My water heater is about 50' away. The ice tray would be full long before hot water would fill the line.

The water would be cool in the line but should still make clearer cubes. Gases are driven off the water when it is heated and very little can be reabsorbed while the water is in the pipes.
Cam
snipped-for-privacy@beer.com wrote:

Really? Where do those gases go when they're "driven off"?
--
Regards,
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:36:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Gas heaven.
snipped-for-privacy@beer.com wrote:

Boil the water in an uncovered pan and you'll release the dissolved gases and get clearer ice cubes.
Heat the water in a fully enclosed heating/plumbing system and the gases will still be there.
The basic premise is false.

HUGE mistake IMO. Hot water tanks contain sediment that taints the taste of the water and can add unhealthy minerals to the water. The water can taste downright nasty.

On Jan 31, 1:54 pm, Bill snipped-for-privacy@no.address wrote:

I was thinking about the taste issue too. Not to mention, it's a pretty stupid waste of energy to be running water through a heater, then routing it back to a refrigerator that is going to turn it into chilled water and ice.

On 31 Jan 2007 11:46:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

It's definitely backwards. One should run the water to the water heater through the refrigerator first.
:)

replying to MP, Ion Dorse wrote: i do these all the time i charge 85.00 an hour 50.00 trip fee if its far and the hardest part is going through multiple cabinets, plastic line is far better than copper and will not leak. im a handyman and charge 85.00 to 150.00 hourly and get it all the time,cant keep up with work.
On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 5:44:04 PM UTC-5, Ion Dorse wrote:

Dontcha think after NINE YEARS MP has gotten his water line installed? Or do you think he's been waiting all these years for you come along and offer advice?
More silliness from "homeownnershub." The sad part is the date of the original post from January 2007 is shown here as well as on homeownershub-bub.