Anti-Rollerblader

One way would be to put some grooves parallel to the curb and sized just right to grab and chew up a rollerblade wheel. Make sure to put up a sign "warning, grooved pavement". If you can do them all the way across the road you ou can even justify them as improving drainage so as to reduce the risk of cars hydroplaning.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Let me reiterate and expand on what some others have said: check with the county or city highway administration to make sure this curb is not city, county or state property before making any modifications.

I'm not saying they won't let you make alterations to deter damage to the curb, only that they would want to know they're being done, what kind of alterations, and what the potential hazards to the public the alterations could present.

Reply to
Kyle

I know they make anti slip tape for stairs. THis might be a way to temporarily try out the grit idea. If you find it removed you could take that as a yes it works. On second thought, it might not stick to concrete too well.

Reply to
jmagerl