Annoying tic-toc clock.

You must really have an off brand bank if you don't drive by a branch every time you are out and the ATM is really easy to use if the Covid has the lobby closed. I assume if I internet banked I could drop a check on my scanner and deposit it tho. The reality is I only cash about a dozen checks a year and most come quarterly (dividends). Four trips a year to the bank is not a burden

Reply to
gfretwell

Make it real easy for yourself; have your dividends ACH deposited to your checking account. No more worries about the check getting lost or stolen in the mail. No misplacing/losing it at home. No more needing to make a trip to an ATM or the bank. And, you have access to your money sooner.

Reply to
Peter

I'm not married to my phone, I find it convenient, f****it.

Yep, you actually are that terminal a f****it.

Never said it was off, f****it.

Depends on whether its for you, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Both my main banks are hundreds of miles away and some don't have any physical branches at all.

Havent used an ATM in years now. Much more convenient to use the selfcheckout at the supermarket for the minimal cash I ever need now. I only use cash at garage/yard sales now. I pay for everything with the phone that you are stupid enough to leave at home.

You actually take a photo of it with the phone.

I don't even get one a decade.

Mine all come electronically, dinosaur.

Zero is much more convenient.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It's only 4 block away but it's much easier and quicker to use the phone than to do anything at the drive-through or the ATM and I don't like putting checks in the ATM so I never see them again. With the phone, I still have the check.

I deposit from 4 to at most 8 checks a year, almost all of them from the account at the stock broker to my checking account, when the checking account is getting low.

Reply to
micky

Since they might sit in the drawer for a month I doubt I really care how soon I have access to the money. I don't float with my mouth so close to being underwater. I like seeing the checks and sometimes I just give them to my wife. She likes that.

You folks act like I make a special trip to the ATM, I drive by it 3 or 4 times a week. Most of my dividends go to the brokerage account but I still have some shares I am holding personally. Those are the ones I get checks for.

Reply to
gfretwell

It sounds like it was surgically implanted in your hand

Reply to
gfretwell

Like I said some off brand bank.

Reply to
gfretwell

Still makes more sense to have it show up in the checking account completely automatically, dinosaur.

Still makes more sense to have those show up in the checking account completely automatically, dinosaur.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Then you need a hearing aid, bad.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Wrong, as always. None of them are off brand banks, just those with enough of a clue to avoid the stupid cost of lots of physical branches and actually pay you to use any ATM in the country.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Maybe I am not sure where I want it. Like I said, sometime I give them to my wife.

Reply to
gfretwell

Trivial to move it once it shows up.

Trivial to move it once it shows up.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not really, without writing another check.

Reply to
gfretwell

Bullshit. Do it with paypal, that's free and effortless.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yeah lets just lay another layer of complexity on a situation I solve by saying "here honey" and handing her a check. She does bank on her phone. To get the money to paypal it would be a credit card transaction and I am not sure how she gets the money out since she doesn't use paypal.

Reply to
gfretwell

With online banking, I can transfer money from any one of my bank accounts to any other. Another check is not required.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

No complexity involved, its easier to move if using paypal than to fart around physically depositing checks, stupid.

So trivial use paypal to send her the money, stupid.

Wrong, as always.

More fool her when paying for stuff online.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Our financial situation is much simpler. One bank, one credit union, a checking and savings account in each. I was planning to close the bank accounts about the time the lockdown started and just go with the credit union.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Yep, any bank account in the country in my case.

Then you need a better bank, stupid.

? since Dodd Frank and they are the essentially same