And it gets worse !

Due to the extreme cold the water company is having problems with their equipment . We "might have water back up by tomorrow afternoon - if we're lucky" . I did pick up and install a new pressure regulator up at the meter , the old one was taking "pressure excursions" and line pressure down here is around 275-300 psi (gravity feed and the tanks are a few hundred feet higher than we are here) . For all the good it'll do me right now . Oh well , there IS a bright side . I won't have pressure on the system while I'm doing repairs . Tomorrow is replace all the busted pipes to the kitchen day . The master bath is last , I still gotta go pick up a toilet .

Reply to
Snag

Long lines for parts?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Not too bad at the local Ace store . Most of the customers were after plumbing parts , and they were out of some items - like 3/4" PVC slip couplers . Between me and the neighbors I have enough fittings , I just needed a couple of valves and the pipe . I didn't buy a toilet there because there's a place about 35 miles away that has a warehouse full of tanks and bowls at ten bucks per piece . Our tank is fine , just need a bowl . And the Mrs. says that can wait a day or 3 .

Reply to
Snag

The water in the bowl frozwe and broke the bowl???

Hold it in. Good practice for when it's even more necessary.

Reply to
micky