Anchoring water heater flue? ? ?

Our gas water-heater is in the basement of a two-story house. The flue, a 4" galvinized pipe, goes directly into the brick chimney.

This seems to have become so loose it could just pull out.

How should I anchor this flue?

(We are getting our very old house ready for the market, so I'll be asking a lot of questions like this on this newsgroup in the coming days.)

Reply to
Ray Jenkins

With the proper flue mastic.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

Go to a heating/plumbing supply house (not HD) and get furnace cement. It's used exactly for that purpose............

Reply to
art