AMERICAN STANDARD Energy Star Certification?

I am wondering if anyone in this group has had any experience with my situation or has any info on this problem.:

I just bought and had installed an American Standard Triumph 16 (16SEER) combo furnace-a/c. I was told that it will qualify for the

2009 federal tax credit, and I think (and hope) it probably will.

Anyway, I have researched this subject and find that I will need something called the 'manufacturer's energy certification' to justify taking said credit. I have been totally unable to come up with this.

I have done the following:

1) left a call-back request with the company that installed the thing

- no reply.

2) left a call-back request with American Standard's 800 number - no reply. 3) sent an e-mail to American Standard requesting info as well as the certificate - no reply. 4) called the IRS - was told haughtily that it wasn't tax time yet.

Thanks

Duke

Reply to
jw

I just looked at one online at it said the furnace is 80%, that wont qualify for a credit. I think you need about 93% for a furnace to qualify. 80% efficent is not very good.

Reply to
ransley

snipped-for-privacy@eldorado.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The 16 SEER is for the AC side. From the link below, I think you need to know the EER on the heat side. Sounds like you may have a package system. They say "Note: not all ENERGY STAR products will qualify for the tax credit.".

Maybe another useful link you missed in your research.

Isn't it a local place you can go and corner a real heartbeat?

Reply to
Red Green

$0.00 says my unit qualifies if I read things right.

Thanks for your interests.

Duke

Reply to
jw

You didnt include the list that would show if your model qualifies. What I googled showed your units furnace is only 80% efficent, that wont qualify. But a 16 seer AC im sure does. Is that what you have an

80% furnace or is what I read wrong.
Reply to
ransley

I just looked at AS site and all the dual outside units cant qualify by logic, a Condensing Furnace drains water and these units look like they are meant to be located outside. If your salesman said it qualified, get it recorded on tape, because I think he lied to you.

Reply to
ransley