aluminum siding question

Hi all,

My little 1200 sq. ft. house is about 80% brick, but on the front the top half of it (which includes an entire porch area) has 5" aluminum panels. Lately a couple panels (not in the porch area) at the very top just beneath the roof overhang have been slipping down, even after I pushed them back up (it's two panels side by side, not one on top and one below).

I happen to have some Armstrong vinyl flooring glue around that I bought for that kind of application. It's a pretty strong glue and I was wondering if I could apply some of it with a spatula in the crack at the top where the panels are slipping and maybe that would hold them. Or is there a more elegant solution? Thanks for you input!

Reply to
Dennis M

These should be nailed into place. If they're coming down then I'd suspect that something is rotted out - the wood, nails, or siding itself.

Since the top of the wall is the ending point when doing siding, it shouldn't take much to take down a row or two and investigate. Even if nothing is wrong, it won't take much to fasted up properly.

Reply to
Calab

Thanks, much appreciated.

Reply to