allowed dry-vent fittings

I'm finding little information on what fittings are allowed for dry-vents. Drains are understandably restrictive. I need to join several dry-vents before going out the roof. Must I use Ys to connect horizontal dry-vents or can I use sanitary Ts or straight Ts? Can I connect a vertical dry-vent to an overhead horizontal dry-vent with a sanitary or straight T?

Reply to
oldee

San TEE's would be preferred in most of these cases as they provide the built-in slope for condensate drainage. Where slope is not a factor, plain TEE's can be used. WYE fittings can be use to advantage where space is limited, but there is no functional advantage over a San TEE.

Note that the inspector may have his preferences./

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim