Vent question

I have 2" vent in my house that drains almost to main drain pipe very low in basement and goes to the roof through 2 floors. Currently several fixtures on first floor bathroom and kitchen sink (also from first floor) are not vented at all. There are two vents going through the roof: main stack vent and this 2" vent. I installed sewage ejector in my basement and want to vent it through 2" vent, I also want to vent through this vent all other first floor fixtures that are not vented now. Can I do this? I know that individual vents must connect to main stack vent at least 6" above highest fixture flood level. Does this requirement apply to my 2" vent? It is only vent, nothing drains to it. I also don't know if any fixture from second floor bathroom is vented through it.

Reply to
Alexander Galkin

I don't see any problem with what you propose. Doubt that you will be exceeding the maximum number of fixture units allowed on a 2" vent.

If the kitchen drain isn't causing any problems now (gurgling, self-siphoning), I wouldn't spend a lot of effort venting it; it was commonly allowable practice in the past to use an oversize drain which would then act as its own "vent" for kitchen drains.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I would still want to vent all fixtures following the code. My main concern is "at least 6" above flood level" rule. I don't know if any of second floor bathroom fixtures are vented through this 2" vent and I will be connecting all vents from basement and first floor fixtures to the vent in first floor thus below flood level of second floor fixtures. I don't understand if this "flood level" requirement applies to my situation since I actually do not connect anything to main stack vent but to dedicated vent that goes through entire house from basement to the roof.

Reply to
Alexander Galkin