All steel house

Usually.

Had a mostly feral cat that had a litter of wee ones in the flower-bed. A couple of thirty-pound urban raccoons came nosing around and Greta (from the Garbo line "I vant to be alone") chased their masked butts into the next county!

A few days later, I saw her terrify a wandering Irish setter into palpitations over the same issue.

Momma cats - like most mothers I guess - are fiercely protective of their brood.

Reply to
HeyBub

I've had a couple of feral cats, that we saved from prisons. One is still with us (Darby).

After fishing one day I filleted and removed the skin from some fish. Jessie fell in love with fresh fish. Later, she would hear the boat trailer coming down the street and would greet me in the driveway -- just sitting there. Years later I killed a rabbit that was getting into my garden. Skinned it and gave Jessie some of the hide with scent glands. After that, she killed every rabbit, and even taught Keri (Key Rye) to catch rabbits and eat them. Keri always left the kidney at the back door and would never eat it.

One day I had the garage door open and a young Dalmatian roamed in from the street. Jessie pinned him in the corner, causing the dog to piss all over the place.

We still have Darby, she is about 18 years of age. Jessie used to walk to the mail box with me too check the mail.

Reply to
Oren

I've got a cat door and why oh why do they have to bring the critters into the house? Snakes, birds that get lose I've had to open the back door get the broom and shoo several birds out of the house, mice lots of mice dead and sometimes they get lose but they are good as dead with the two cats, it's just a matter of time. Max the cat (he's pretty big) catches squirrels, a squirrel can put up a pretty good fight but Max so far can handle them. I found a dead mole in the yard the other day, I think Max got him also. He's a hunter, at least he didn't bring the mole into the house.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

That is the same company that made those gas stations that looked like a stack of washing machines, right? Row after row of enameled steel squares? I think many of those were just reskins of old brick or block stations, but at least some were built from ground up, and popped up like mushrooms during the postwar suburbia build-out.

Reply to
aemeijers

Years ago I had a weimaraner pup who played with cats, he thought they were just funny looking dogs. One day the poor little guy made the mistake of saying hello to a mama cat. He was dumbfounded and heartbroken by what happened.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

FatterDumber& Happier Moe"