All electric house question (YO doug)

I hear ya on the power failure situation. This house will have a wood stove also.

S. Barker

I'm all electric in WNY down along the Southern Tier. But we have muni electric. Ha ha.

OTOH, for many (most?) people, their stoves and furnaces will kick off without electric anyway. You need it for the fans and controls. You can't have wood as primary heat, so you do need something as primary and that'll generally need electric.

Reply to
Pat

y 1000

I live in NY's snow belt. We're building apartments that are all electric including an electric furnace. Our BPU superintendent stopped by today to check on things and to satisfy his curiosity about how much elect the electric furnaces were drawing. They drew 42 amps when on high. They are designed to heat a 1000 sf. apt but we are under construction so the doors aren't on and such. With the temps being warm and in the low 40s today, we were only running 1 furnace for all 8 apts. When it was real cold, we had 3 hooked up during construction. That would be 126 amps for 8000 s.f.

Reply to
Pat

Most gas stoves, you can light the burners on top with a match.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

With the price of electric, you may be using the wood stove as often as possible. My friends who used to live in all electric, put in a wood stove after the 1991 power cut, two weeks in some areas. Anyhow, they used the wood burning stove as often as possible.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Change it over to knob and tube then put a wood stove in it. That's all you need.

Reply to
"booboo £