Air handler

On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 16:16:45 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to digest...

Yup, age brings a whole set of different circumstances.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sun, 18 Jul 2021 21:31:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

Can't look back. When you put the ramp in the 4" step will make the ramp shorter. Can you get the wheelchair through the doors? Mmm....

Reply to
Tekkie©

I can send you the spreadsheet if you want as I have every oil delivery on it.

Installed in 2009 and I moved in December 2018. My savings, based on actual fuel cost was $6340. I don't have the receipts as I left it for the new owner. IIRC, it was about $6000 to $6500.

At a quick look the old boiler average about 7.9 degree days per gallon, the new was about 13.3 per gallon. My calculation was based on the 7.9 figure and the actual oil cost at time of delivery

Part of the savings was going from a tankless hot water to a 40 gallon well insulated tank on a separate zone. The burner ran when you took a shower or laundry but then would easily hold all day with no use.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The pitch would be about a 6.66% grade (1 in 15) if I had just busted out that section of concrete I saved. It was about $30 worth of concrete when I had a few trucks coming anyway. It is a 36" door.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 15:08:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

That would be fine. Thank you.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 17:17:39 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

I was thinking interior doors. Sometimes they chisel..

Reply to
Tekkie©

Most of my interior doors are 32" but you can make it legally "accessible" if you take the door off or make it a pocket door, how I dealt with it in the new bathroom. They need 32" clear opening. They also make narrow wheelchairs for folks in old homes.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:00:05 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

Except if you are a "wide load" like me. I have lost a lot of weight but I haven't got any narrower. It's fun ramming the door jams in docs offices. Why I just did some yesterday. ;-)

I got into a narrow wheelchair once... It took two additional people to pry me out. Funny, they got a wider one in for the next time. I can get in and out of them fine but can't be stable while walking. I have a normal - wide - walker for the house but keep one with brakes in the car. It is much heavier and my wife has trouble getting it & out of the car. I take the normal walker with me now as I can manage that myself. If I need the heaver one my wife enlists passerby for help.

Reply to
Tekkie©