Air Conditioning affecting health??

Hi all, I live in Florida and I recently moved into a new house. it's a 1989 home that was recently remodeled. Anyway, it has a Trane A/C. we put it at 72 degrees to sleep and although the temperature is fine for my body, the cold air seems to be bothering my throat. i'm losing my voice. i don't know what to do. if we put it any warmer than 72 degrees at night, it's TOO HOT and we can't sleep but at 72, the air i breathe is bothering my throat. this did not happen to me in our other home. we put it also at 72, lived there for 10 years, no problem. now the temperature is fine, but the actual air i breathe is killing me. i've been like this for 6 months. i think the air is just too dry or something, i don't know. i considered a humidifier but the house has wood floors and i'm scared the humidifier will ruin them. any ideas on how to fix this problem??

Carlos

Reply to
calberto22

Get a pro out, maybe mold in the ducts. get a real air filter and room air filter. read Consumer reports they have been rated. You want humidity, open a window.

Reply to
m Ransley

Carlos,

Before you fix the problem it may be wise to figure out what the problem is. Have you had a doctor look at your throat? Have you measured the humidity in the house? Have you checked and replaced the furnace/AC filter? Have you tried to sleep in other rooms in the house? I'd be very surprised if the humidity in your house is lower than 45%. See if you are sleeping near a vent. See if the air in the neighborhood is very dirty. It's possible that mold is a problem.

Good luck, Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

I invite you to my part of the country, where entire blocks of land have been condemned because of toxic molds.

No Dorothy, the problem isn't just a psychological one.

Reply to
Rick

Which is entirely consistent with mass hysteria.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Well said and worth repeating.

Reply to