Age of refrigerator

Does anyone know where I can find info on what year my Whirlpool fridge was built?

thanks, js

Reply to
Slar

look in the back of it for an id tag or electrical diagram on paper, probably has a date someplace..... i bought one in 1972 and i think there was a date of 1970 or 71 printed someplace on it, or it might have been in the bottom by the compressor area... cant remember where.......

Reply to
jim

Thanks,

I actually found the codes here, after sifting through 20 other bad net searches:

Bought the house with the existing fridge. Turns out its as old as the house, 20 years. I'm getting a new one, this one's beat.

js

Reply to
Slar

I am 55 years old. When I was 16, I wanted a fridge for out by the pool. Dad said if I bought it, no problemo. I found one in some apartments they were taking down. Actually a "motor court" with the small one room units. I brought it home. It had a vertical handle, and the little freezer part in the upper corner. The front was of a scalloped design. It was faded, so I covered it in leopard terrycloth. I have no idea how old it was when I got it, but it had to be twenty years old. I know it lasted another fifteen. Sometimes, you can't kill them, and they won't die. It was fine for cold drinks and beer.

Steve

Reply to
dipodomys deserti

I hear that. We had a 50's Kelvinator in our house as recently as 1984.

This fridge has cracks on the interior walls of the refrigeration compartment with some brown gunk oozing out, the ice maker quit working and a shelf just broke. I considered replacing the shelf and fixing the ice maker since that could just be as simple as a valve but that would run me $80-$100 right there (already priced it out). Its going to the city recycling program, I wouldn't want this unit to fall into the hands of anyone else.

Reply to
Slar

That information is often coded into the model and/or serial number on the appliance. If you post that information someone may be able to tell you.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to