Advice on Whirlpool washer repair.

The other day I replaced the nylon pawls that engage the upper agitator on my 18 year old Whirlpool washer. Hooray! the agitator moves again.

BUT there's a sleeve that fits in the cnter of the upper agitator that the fitting that holds the pawls fits into. I left this out, as it was 'impossible' to reinsert. (OK, very difficult). The agitator appears to work as intended, with maybe a little more slop, but not much.

Is this fitting essential? Do I just resign myself to trying to force it back into the whole at the bottom of the agitator? Am I going to destroy my washer if I don't?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Bob Landry

Hi,

Doubt you will destroy the rest of the washer, but the agitator/washes may not work properly.

No model# posted but these may help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hi,

Doubt you will destroy the rest of the washer, but the agitator/washes may not work properly.

No model# posted but these may help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

In alt.home.repair on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:49:11 -0700 Bob Landry posted:

P&M

Whirlpool used to have a "Cool Line", not as hot as a Hot Line, but very good. They were open 8 to 12 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week, I forget. When I first heard about it, I thought they would say, "Is it plugged in? Did you clean the lint filter?" but it was nothing like that. Everyone I talked to (about 4 people or more) had worked as a service man (one was a woman and this was 25 years ago)

No time to finish this now.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman