Advice on Rotating Electrical Panel

Nah. Little extra wire, some wire nuts, Gorilla Glue. Piece of cake.

Reply to
HeyBub

re: Gorilla Glue. Piece of cake

I tried Gorilla Glue on a piece of cake. I don't recommend it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Wow! I love this group! Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. I feel like I understand the options much better and will be able to have a much more intelligent conversation with the electricians. I'll update with what they say and seek request additional input if it seems questionable.

Cheers,

Reply to
quksilver

when re doing kiltchens, the fridge stove and sink should be on a 3 point configuration for most efficent function.

like a V shape with things at each point

Reply to
hallerb

Just to keep the peace.....have you approached your condo board about the work you are doing? As others have mentioned, doing electrical work yourself in a condo is a no-no. It is violation of building code where I live. In addition, any structural, elect., gas or plumbing in multi-family res. requires a permit. Having seen some of the worst in condo board behavior, I would put the plan in writing and get any required approval from them in advance. If your condo documents require approval, then you don't have a leg to stand on if they take issue with work done without their approval........you don't want to get the work done and have them require you to "undo" it.

My hubby - a condo board member - tried to get our condo board to repair wiring damaged in work done in the unit above ours. The "doer" was not the owner, and, AFAIK, not a contractor. I complained to the city when the electricity went out for the third and final time.....bldg. code requires permit for structural work, which was being done (removal of walls). The city guy said the doer told him no structural work was being done, which was not true. Our condo documents specifically address the situation, requiring the condo assn. to make repair and the person doing the damage to be responsible to the assn. My hubby got TWO letters from assn., basicly telling him to stuff it. One letter told him to "cease and desist" in contacting the condo pres.! After going back and forth for a week without electricity to part of our unit, the guy doing the work hired another electrician to make repair. He was nice about it, but dumb as a doorknob. Our condo assn. has lots of ways of playing hardball, and the folks who "do it right" are the minority.

Lots of condo boards ignore their rules and bylaws until the issue gets personal, so I would be careful.

Reply to
Norminn

I do have to clear the work through the condo board first. I also know one of the members of the board who had is electrical panel turned around as part of a kitchen remodel. So I'm hoping that will pave the way for me to do it...

Thanks,

Reply to
quksilver

There are a lot of good references to kitchen design, many of which are likely available at a local library. I also recommend using decent design software (Floorplan3D 3D is good, also cheap) to try different layouts and view photorealistic renders of each.

Reply to
Pete C.

It's much better fresh, before it sets up. Like syrup.

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler