Advice for new hardwood floors

I just purchased a condo and we have been in it for a while and have noticed some minor scratchs on the cheery hardwood floors in a few places.. What is the best way to fix these - also it seems the floor scratches very easily - Should we put a polyurathane coating on it ? Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Reply to
asdf

It probably has a polyurethane coating already. I'd contact management and find out who installed the floor, if possible. When my floors were coated in my last house, they used a water-based polyurethane, which worked nicely, but they gave us a short list of brands to use (and not use), if we wanted to do touch-up work. There were compatibility issues, at least according to the guy who did the work.

Hardwood floors will get scratched. It's one of their various disadvantages. Eliminate the causes of the scratches, or get area rugs, or live with it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If they are American Cherry, they might be prone to more scratching because that is a "softer" wood. If Brazilian Cherry, I am surprised that you are having that problem because that is one of the hardest woods available.

Reply to
DLK