Adventures in home ownership

Hi All,

Oh Poop! Literally!

The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace). I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE!

Yesterday was spent sucking it out. Dryer ran all night. More sucking today and plastic down so the pipe can be changed. (The plumber said he did not swim through sewage, so we had to suck it out first, then put down some dry visqueen).

And we are off any water down any drain (let your imagination wander on that one).

Once the pipe get replaced, we can finally put "contents of the bowl" down the drain.

And then the water removal guy gets to come back and remove all the old visqueen, put down lime, and re visqueen the place.

THE STICK THE STINK THE STINK THE STINK. You can probably find my place from space!

Bitch, bitch, bitch!

-T

Reply to
Todd

Since you are a new home owned I will give you a hint.

Rather than "sucking it out" I suggest you uses tubes and pumps the next time.

Anyway be sure to rinse your mouth out .

Dryer ran all night.

Reply to
philo

Todd wrote: ...

i didn't think they sold places like that any longer?

songbird

Reply to
songbird

You are a funny bunny!

Reply to
Todd

They don't. You have to bust your sewer pipe in your crawlspace to get one. Fortunately, we figured it out before it spilled out the foundation air vents.

Reply to
Todd

Mt dumb jokes just pop out I have no control

sorry

Reply to
philo

You and me both.

Reply to
Todd

At least for everyone one I tell on Usenet...is one less I have to tell my wife...

She gives me the evil raised eyebrow look

Reply to
philo

The evil eyebrow is half the fun!

Here is one for your wife:

Q.: what do you get when you cross the Atlantic with the Titanic?

A.: About half way

If you don't get the eyebrow, you didn't tell it right!

Reply to
Todd

She did not bother to raise her eyebrow for that one.

Most of the time my deliver is so bad, there is no hope

Reply to
philo

Be sure to check your homeowners insurance policy. Some policies include that as a covered loss and will pay for the cleanup and remediation, including sanitizing the area to prevent mold etc. and eliminate bacteria. Those policies often do not pay for the plumbing repair itself but do pay for the clean-up, including environmental cleanup.

Reply to
TomR

Reply to
micky

Called them yesterday. Unless the weather did it, they consider it normal wear and tear. Plumber and water clean up guys confirmed that as well. Rats.

Reply to
Todd

We now have drainage. There is one tiny, slow drip over on the washing machine side. The plumber claims there will be no poo-poo coming from it and to go ahead and use it until he comes out Monday to finish the job. Thursday, the clean up guys finished removing the visqueen and doing the bacteria thing.

This has been an adventure.

Now I think I will go and take a long awaited ... (What??? This is a family group!)

Reply to
Todd

Insurance won't pay for rats either.

Reply to
micky

Good to hear you got it fixed. Sounds like it was quit the mess. I remember my wife and I having a similar issue with our first home....the smell is not pleasant.haha

Reply to
wg_2002

My Mom used to tell jokes, and get them wrong. We'd heard the joke before, so we knew how it was "supposed" to go.

I can remember one such, but it's PG13 rated, not sure I should tell it here.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"nap". Is that the term you were seeking?

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Uh ... yes, it was nap. Thank you for rescuing me!

Reply to
Todd

And unless you have flood insurance, any surface water entering the house, by whatever means, is also not covered.

Reply to
clare