Advantages of the metric system

His sman was not described as 2 yards - and it doesn't say he was looking straight ahead.. Measure from the tip of his nose, looking left, to the tip of his right extended finger and he might have only had to be 5'6", more or less.

Reply to
clare

Harry K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Not enough to make a difference. A kitchen is not a chemistry lab.

Reply to
Doug Miller

But just think how much easier it would have been if your router and saw had metric markings on them.

That happens. I'd replace them with stainless.

See above.

I wouldn't count on it. I'd worry about damaging the Trex.

Reply to
krw

Seems like we lost a level of quotes here. Half of your responses were to my post about rebuilding a bench for my wife and the other half were to the OP.

re: Stainless bolts. SWMBO's bench has black wrought iron end supports and a black center support. Stainless bolts would have looked out of place. I had some black bolts with large, round Phillips heads left over from another project so I used those.

Something like this, only longer.

It came out real nice.

Reply to
DerbyDad03