Advantages and Disadvantages: Vinyl vs. Wood Replacement Windows

What are the advantages and disadvantages of vinyl vs. wood replacement windows ? Are there ways for a non-home-builder to assess with some confidence whether a window product shown by a salesperson (all are presented as *exactly* what we need) is a good quality one ? I live in Minnesota and will be replacing my wood windows this summer - struggling with the type. Thanks.

Rick

Reply to
Rick