Adding a wet bar to basement, tieing into main drain stack

Bought a book on plumbing, but it doesn't seem to address my particular situation in the basement:

Adding a wetbar right next to the drain stack. No more than a couple feet away depending on how the cabinets all line up...

1) I take it I MUST vent, but then I read some things that indicated distance from the stack was important as far as requiring a vent or not. So, do I need to vent?

2) If so, any reason not to use an air-admittance valve since a vent line is not easily accessible?

3) If you suggest not using a cheater valve, I'm trying to figure out how to do a loop valve. All the diagrams I have loop it under the floor, which isn't going to be easy in a cement basement! ;-)

Thanks all again!

Reply to
Larry Bud

An air admittance valve would meet the IPC in this instance but not the UPC. Depends on your locally adopted code. I'd allow it but others might not. The vent is required regardless of distance from the stack if it is draining waste from a higher floor.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

"Larry Bud"> wrote

Here ya go. I've had one on my kitchen sink for 3 years without problem.

Don