Acrylic Cleaner For Hot Tub

I have a Vita hot tub that is reasonably clean in a house that I just purchased. The manual says that I should use an acrylic cleaner. I have called a couple of hot tub stores and their cleaners are fairly expensive. People have told me that regular soap will foam up in the tub and that regular soap will not work. I am wondering if there is a generic acrylic cleaner that I can get at Wal-Mart or Home Depot that will clean the tub as well as the products sold by Hot Tub companies.

Thanks,

JD

Reply to
DaileyJohn.20.decij

Gel automatic dishwasher detergent. It cuts oils, body scum and soap and is non sudsing. MAXX recommends it on their Acrylic tubs. Can use as a wipedown or run it through the wirlpool pipes.

For a high shine (companys coming) you can use window cleaner. Nothing special about acrylic but you want to stay away from anything even remotely abrasive. No powdered cleansers or scrubbing sponges. Any other kitchen cleaner will probably work well as long as the label says it is safe for use on plastics.

Regular soap is usually what you are trying to clean off the tub anyway (i.e. soap scum)

Reply to
PipeDown

Reply to
Decilj