Ace Hardware Stores

Anyone who's near Oconnor True Value Hardware in Billerica, Massachusetts is real lucky.

Great place, been there forever, has EVERYTHING and real good help.

Go for it if you can.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I like my local Ace hardware store. The problem is that I'm usually working at the times when it is open. I have shopped there 2 times in

18 years. Home Depot is open late Saturdays and Sundays and that's when I shop. I'm not about to take a vacation day to shop Ace. :(
Reply to
Phisherman

As others have noted, the big box stores have more convenient hours and generally better prices. The more competent staff and the advice you can get from them at the small hardware stores may well be worth the price and convenience premium to some folks. For those of us who know what we need and don't need any advice, the savings and convenience of the big box stores wins out. For any given project beyond a simple repair, neither the big box stores, nor the small hardware store will have everything you need, so you'll still have to visit the specialty stores to round out the project.

Reply to
Pete C.

price

Yes, I can see the point of that, especially for the DIYers who take on big projects. I'm usually just looking for simple little things, like wax toilet rings, certain adapters, etc. so I'm much more satisfied with the small Ace store. Where I live, the prices at Ace seem to be consistently lower, but that probably wouldn't be true for big projects.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

"Cheri" wrote in news:T7qdnW82huiqQ2PanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@softcom.net:

Sure, with enough duct tape and tie wraps:-)

Reply to
Red Green

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:47feeba0$0$19832 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

That's cause they don't want you messin' with the copper kettle and tubing right in the back. I bet they are very mellow people huh? :-)

I spent many years in northern VT. Although VT hosts high tech computer chip mfg, outside the towns still exist many General Stores. Some you could take a B&W picture and put it in a history book and no one would know is's not 150 years old.

Reply to
Red Green

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in news:l%uLj.345$gv4.112 @newsfe02.lga:

You want 5 gals of BM? The "prep work" for a colonoscopy will give you that. [those that have been there know what I mean and now are chuckling].

Reply to
Red Green

Not me. I was one of the 40,000 people who got a letter from the Clark County Health Department (NV) to go get hepatitis and HIV checked after a colonoscopy (negative results) because the clinic's owners cheaped out and reused syringes. I thought that was covered the first week of doctor school.

Some people are lucky it's against the law to kill people.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

If you're in Dallas, go to Eliots.

The orginal downtown and a new branch in Plano, I think I was.

I don't live there but make a point to go when I visit.

(I'll admit the thrill is gone, because I got most of the things I need but had never seen before the first time I was there.)

Reply to
mm