Access to fill valve on Kenmore w/d stack?

I have a Kenmore w/d combo; I've got the front panel off the washer, but the fill valve is all the way on the back side. It doesn't seem possible to get to the fill valve through the front access panel. Does the tub have to come out to get to the fill valve, or is there another way to access this part. Does anyone know?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.