AC situation

I turned on the Air Conditioner this afternoon. The room felt cool. I checked the corners and they are 90 degrees.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Thu 16 Aug 2018 05:33:04p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

What was the temperature in the rest o the room (not corners)?

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Maybe install a ceiling fan?

Reply to
Bob

Sure, but the corners will still be 90 degrees. Think about it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Its a groaner. My wife said she was cold so I told her to stand in the corner, they are always 90 degrees.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's the way the carpenters built it, eih? phil k. ;>)

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Yep, even in the winter, if I don't turn the heat on the corners are still 90 degres.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That is actually pretty damned amazing. It reminds me of a story from the big builder my wife worked for. Someone at a staff meeting suggested as a gift to new homeowners they would give them a small set of tools. An old guy popped up and said "make sure they don't get a level".

Reply to
gfretwell

On Thu 16 Aug 2018 06:50:37p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

Well, hopefully you won't have that problem in your new house. :-)

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Aug 2018 06:50:37p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

You aren't by any chance plannng on having an octagonal room in the new house, are you?

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Round, like a grain bin. I guess round houses are more energy efficient and resist wind better. I wonder if they'd be approved in Florida. There are actual grain bin houses but they're not all that sturdy.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

In a warm climate it may be good to have 45 degrees on the outside corners.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

good circlelation

Reply to
ChairMan

That would be good. That way the Devil can't get you into a corner.

Reply to
rbowman

I know a guy in Pasco County with a dome house (shot crete)

Reply to
gfretwell

God (or whomever) is going to get you for that one, Ed! ;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused
[snip]

Once I heard, "Do you believe in sex at 65?"

The answer was, "No. Turn up the thermostat."

Reply to
hah

I woke up stiff this morning. The definition changed at 72 from when I was 22.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's normal.

Reply to