A simple garage floor cover

My garage floor is somewhat unsightly because the concrete is discolored, although not dirty or oily.

Sometimes I get a slight efflorescence on the surface of the concrete, mostly after heavy rains. Therefore I am reluctant to put an epoxy paint on the floor.

Would a concrete stain be affected by efflorescence? Any other way of coping with the efflorescence problem?

How about sheet linoleum or vinyl? Will my hot tires melt vinyl?

Thanks

Reply to
Walter R.

I wouldn't try it.

Rather expensive, but looks very interesting:

krw

Thanks for the racedeck URL. Sounds interesting, if I can afford it. No prices shown. Maybe somebody else makes them for poor people. I'll try google.

Reply to
Walter R.

I agree with krw here. Until you fix the you get all the problems fixed, don't try to put any kind of sealer or paint down. They all require a good surface or they will fail making the fix even harder. His suggestion should work. I like the idea and if my epoxy every fails I will consider it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

It wouldn't cost much to find out.

Get some stick-on tile, a bit of sheet vinyl, a couple of rows of glue-down tile and install them according to best practices. See what happens after a couple of months.

You might be surprised.

Reply to
HeyBub

Leave it alone. It's a garage floor, not a living space. Bare concrete is good, ugly or not.

Reply to
Phisherman

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 06:53:11 -0600, "HeyBub" graced this newsgroup with:

Costco sells a simliar snap together garage floor tile kit for $79. Supposed to cover the average single car garage.

Reply to
Max

Try this:

HeyBub

i would be more concerned moisture is at work covering the floor with anything will trap moisture and make it worse.......

Reply to
hallerb

I looked into it a while back. IIRC it was about $900 for an average 2-car garage. $2/sf or there abouts.

Reply to
krw